Are you a runner who‘s lost the motivation to lace up your shoes and hit the trail?
Don‘t worry – it happens to all of us! Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to make running fun again, so you can get back to enjoying your favorite sport.
1. Find a Running Partner: Having a running buddy is a great way to stay motivated and make running more enjoyable. You‘ll have someone to chat with and push each other to keep going. Plus, you can both join races and even make a friendly competition out of it!
2. Change Your Scenery: Running the same route every day can get boring, so mix it up! Head to a nearby park, a new trail, or even the beach. The change in scenery will help break up the monotony and make running more enjoyable.
3. Set Goals: Setting goals for yourself is a great way to stay motivated and track your progress. Start with small goals like running a certain distance in a certain time, and then work up to larger goals such as running a new distance.
4. Try a New Sport: trying a new sport can help give you variety and you can always revisit running if you want to. There are so many other sports available for you to try and there are no rules saying you have to stick with the same one your whole life. Usually taking a break from running will give you time to have space and fall back in love with it or find a new sport to love. Either way it is a win!
5. Track Your Progress: Tracking your progress is a great way to stay motivated and see how far you’ve come. There are plenty of apps out there that you can use to track your progress. You can pick a starting point and work towards a certain goal.
By using these tips, you can get back to enjoying running and staying motivated. Before you know it, you’ll be hitting the trails with a smile on your face!
If you would like some help with accountability and having fun reach out and see if I can help you. I offer training plans, custom training plans and one-one-one coaching.